If you’ve been following my posts for a while now, you might recall that I have often referred to our next 25 Things subject with fearful trembling and great awe. Tif is a no nonsense, veteran Lithe instructor. When I started, almost 4 years ago, she was one of my very first teachers, and I learned right away that Tif has high expectations and does not tolerate any kind of lolly-gagging or laziness. She will stop a class in mid-sequence to make sure everyone is using proper form and really pushing themselves to do every rep, and do them right. But there’s much more to Tif than her tough instructor exterior, and she shares a few of those things with us this week.
1. I was chubby from about 3rd grade to high school.
2. I dropped education as a major in college because I couldn't handle all the rules that went along with being a teacher.
3. I've been friends with my best friend since we were 2, and we couldn't be more different.
4. I had a crush on my now husband in high school, he didn't know I existed until I was 25.
5. I've run 2 marathons, both within 5 months of each other.
6. My lung has collapsed twice for no reason.
7. I've never had a cavity and neither have my brothers.
8. I got out of mandatory swim in high school by saying I was allergic to chlorine, I didn't want to get my hair wet or wear the school issued bathing suit
9. I hate cats, I think they're sneaky
10. I learned to drive on a stick shift.
11. I became a vegetarian after being in Europe during mad cow
12. I was Elmo for a summer at Sesame Place.
13. Peanut butter and jelly is my favorite food combination, a close second is peanut butter and chocolate
14. I have a tendency to say what's on my mind and it has gotten me in trouble from time to time.
15. I hate being in trouble.
16. I love my jobs (lithe and massage) and find them incredibly rewarding.
17. I find cleaning my house very satisfying but dont really like doing it.
18. I've been to more Phish shows than I can count, my last one when I was 9 months pregnant.
19. I love cheese, it just doesn't love me
20. I think the best way to see a new city is to lace up your sneakers and run it.
21. I have an incredible sense of direction, sometimes I even feel like I have been somewhere before when I know I haven't.
22. I was very naive about life in general until I started working in restaurants.
23. My mom is one of my best friends.
24. I cut all my hair off senior of high school and loved it, I contemplate doing it again now and then but quickly remember the growing out process.
25. In June Chris and I welcomed our son Tosh into our life and we truly have never felt more blessed. He changed our lives forever and we couldn't be happier, I love being his mom.
I also tried to refrain from eating meat during Mad Cow when I was studying abroad in Europe, but my crappy French ordered me a weird ground beef sandwich my third day there, so I gave up and took my chances. Also, Tif is a Phish fan?? I don’t know about you, but I did NOT see that coming. AMAZING. What I’m NOT surprised about is number 16. It’s obvious that Tif really enjoys her job as an instructor, and really cares that her students get the most out of the 60 minutes they spend with her. I certainly find myself hunting for her classes on the schedule, and always step it up when she teaches--at least when she looks in my direction!
See you in class!
Image of Lithe Instructor, Tiffany Nork in Hot-Stepper via Dom