LITHE HIBISCUS SANGRIA! 19 Apr 2013
It's back for spring and summer! The whole world drinks Hibiscus tea and I fell in love with it the first time I had Aqua de Jamaica on Lithe Escape. We’ve added seasonal, cold-pressed orange, lime and ginger (and cubed apples and oranges for authenticity and sweetness!) all while keeping it under 100 calories.
Drink as a mock-tail or add red wine to this healthy mixer. Hibiscus is not only beautiful and delicious but it has numerous health benefits:
- It lowers blood pressure, LDL cholesterol levels and your risk of heart disease.
- it’s rich in antioxidants (such as vitamin C) that protect us from cancer.
- It’s high in electrolytes (perfect post-Lithe)
- It gets things moving: it’s a diuretic and a mild laxative
- When you consume hibiscus tea after the meal, it assists in breaking down starch and sugar.
- Drink post-Lithe: It has a cooling effect and acts as a natural body refrigerant.