LITHE BEAUTIFUL 23 Jul 2014
We know that exercise does wonders for your body, but do you know that Lithing can have a positive effect on your beauty, as well? Here are 8 reasons how fitness improves your appearance...
- fit.hip.healthy Healthy people are beautiful. According to a great article on Livestrong, “moderate exercise contributes to a youthful appearance.” So, get Lithe, ladies!
- Sweat it out! The next time you Lithe on your lunch break, don't be afraid to get sweaty! Sweating is great for your skin and your hair. Since sweat is released through your pores, it cleans out the dirt and oils trapped inside. Perspiration also contains a “natural antibiotic” that helps fight acne—however, it's important to rinse off post-workout or you'll just clog your pores.
- Increased Immunity & Detoxification! Exercise boosts the immune system by prodding the body into producing more white blood cells, including neutrophils and natural killer cells. More white blood cells mean fewer bacteria and viruses sneak past the gate. Overall effect: You don’t get that horrible sick look that comes from feeling under the weather, and small blemishes and wounds of all kinds heal with the quickness.
- Increased circulation = improved skin tone & hair! Improved circulation “floods our skin with oxygen and nutrient-rich blood cells.” This results in a prettier, clearer complexion and increased blood circulation to your scalp promotes hair growth.. In layman’s terms, it’s like a post-Lithe glow.
- Reduced bloat and puffiness. Lithe gets your lymphatic system flowing, which “can help to reduce water retention in our bodies and improve under eye puffiness and dark circles.” Bye-bye, puffy eyes and thighs!
- Stronger sex hormones. Getting fit not only makes you look sexy, it also makes you feel sexy by balancing the body’s sex hormone levels, which in turn can improve the appearance of hair, skin and muscle tone. Although the most studied hormones linked to exercise are endorphins, sex hormones, such as testosterone and human growth hormone (HGH — the same youth-serum substance celebs pay big bucks to be injected with), also get a boost.
- Exercise wards off wrinkles. Based on a recent study, “prolonged exercise stimulates collagen and elastin production and improved skin thickness.” Say no more!
- Feeling good in your own skin. Lithe boots your mood and confidence - both of which define beauty and sexiness in our book!
Image of Lithe Instructor Gina Toscano wearing Nike via Dom