MAINTAINING YOUR LITHE RESULTS! 10 Jul 2014
- Remind yourself of how far you've come! Why exactly do you Lithe? One of the most common questions I am asked by new Lithers is: When will I start seeing results? And while I always tell clients that it takes consistent Lithing for 6 months to truly see your body really change, it's important to be mindful of the changes that happen almost immediately (that you can't see) when you make working out a regular part of your life. Breaking a sweat several times a week not only helps us lose weight, but improves our cardiovascular health, increases our stamina and strength, stabilizes our moods, increases our flexibility and bone density, and lowers cholesterol and blood pressure just to scratch the surface. So, if you've hit a plateau or are feeling frustrated that you aren't seeing results as quickly as you wish you could, remember that your body is changing (from the inside) and be proud of what you are accomplishing. I recommend keeping a pre-Lithe (before) photograph of yourself around to serve as a constant reminder of how hard you worked and feel empowered because YOU did it!
- Keep Lithing regularly. No excuses here. If you don’t use it, you’ll lose it pretty quickly. Fitness is a lifelong commitment with endless health benefits that go far beyond the way that you look. Make a habit of hitting the studio at least 3-4 times week. I like to do four days of Lithe (Waspie, Higher Power + 2 cardio sessions) during the week, and then I walk and develop new Lithe content on the weekends.
- Say no to excuses: Silence that voice in your head. Speaking of the "I don't have the money" excuse, It doesn't have to cost a thing to move your body. If you can Lithe one-two times a week, your results will happen at a slower pace but you WILL achieve the results that you're looking for. Is this you? Stick to the classics!
- Break the fast. The benefits of eating breakfast are so amazing. When you wake up after a long slumber, your blood sugar is at a fasting level; "breaking the fast" is so important - it's your first shot at laying the ground work for a healthy day. Breakfast helps prevent binging and eating too many sweets. Plus, it deters you from making unhealthy food choices because your body is stabilized with the appropriate fuel.
- Eat Lithe. We all love to eat out. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to maintain your results when the average portion size at most restaurants is 90% more than we should be eating in one sitting. Most of us overeat at restaurants because our visual response to the massive portion size is skewed. What do I do? Stick to whole foods, order an appetizer as my meal, or I tell the server to only give me half of a dinner and box up the rest. That other half of the meal never makes its way to my plate - or my hips!
- Barometer gear. Invest in a few cute workout pieces ever quarter. You'll look and feel cute, and your gear becomes your barometer! I find that if you Lithe in old clothing, you will be more likely to accept a few extra pounds.