FROZEN BANANA BITES 26 Jun 2016
Frozen bananas make the best healthy dessert or snack when you're craving a sweet summer treat. We love that they can be topped with so many delicious treats and that they last for two months in the freezer.
3-4 ripe bananas, sliced
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup each of the toppings of your choice: peanut butter, granola, cereal, nuts, rainbow sprinkles ... get creative!
1) Place sliced bananas in a bowl.
2) Set up three bowls with melted chocolate and garnishes.
3) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4) Check your melted chocolate. If it is slightly thick, add 1 tbsp. coconut oil or butter and stir until completely combined.
5) Dip your bananas into the chocolate one at a time, using a fork to fully cover or halfway cover each slice.
6) Use a fork to remove the banana slice and place it in one of the toppings.
7) Use a spoon or your fingers to fully cover the banana with the topping.
8) Remove the banana slice using a clean spoon or fork and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat the process until all of the slices are dipped and covered.
9) Place the baking sheet in the freezer until bananas are solid. Once solid, place the bites into a storage bag or freezer-proof container.