10 TIPS FOR LONG-LASTING LITHE SUCCESS 9 Apr 2015
You're not alone. We all find excuses to not exercise. Life gets in everyone's way, but you CAN reach your goals and achieve the results you want. Here are 10 tips for when you just can't seem to get your rear in gear, get out of your own head, or stay motivated.
1. Prioritize. No time because you spend hours on your smart phone? Turn that time into active time. In the long run, you'll be glad that you put your health first. Your body will thank you, too.
2. Make a date with YOU. Schedule your workout just like you schedule doctor's appointments and dinner with friends and honor that commitment. It's just as important.
3. Write it down. Tracking your progress and setbacks is eye-opening and effective. Record how long you worked out, what class you took, how you felt after. I always remind myself that I'm only one hour away from a good mood and that always motivates me to just do it on days when I need a boost.
4. Stay positive. Your body hears everything your mind thinks!
5. Imagine it. Visualize your results! Think about how you will look and feel after one month, six weeks, three months, six months, and one year. Results are the best motivational tool, so be sure to keep up with your own measurements and photos.
6. Make yourself accountable. Going public with your story keeps you committed.
7. Don't get discouraged. It's important to make a long-term commitment, even if it means going without noticable results for a week. Remember that you can't go wrong by Eating Lithe and working out regularly (especially when it's fun!).
8. Find a few besties. Spend time with friends who also value a healthy lifestyle. You will benefit from sharing your stories about how fantastic you look, how strong you're becoming, how great you feel, and funny things that happen in the studio.
9. Reward yourself! I'm not talking about junk food. Each week that you accomplish your goals (maybe it's a going to a certain number of classes, taking a particular class with an instructor that you used to avoid like the plague, or becoming a consistent 6AMer or 5:30PMer.
Treat yourself to something that inspires you to stick with it, like a new pair of workout pants or a piece of jewelry. I recommend creating a point system. When you meet your goals, give yourself a point and record it. When you hit a certain amount of points, treat yourself to an activity that makes you feel great, such as a mani/pedi with friends or a massage.
10. Travel Lithe. If you've Escaped with us, you know that Lithe travels really well! Get outside, have fun, and utilize your surroundings. Just make sure to send a Lithe on Location shot to us!