You've never worked your abs like this before! Put on your socks and hit the floor. Hi-top is a total-body workout with a focus on the CORE (from the nipples to the knees). We're talking visible abdominal results within 24 hours, post-class. Don't want to use our loaner socks? DIY with a a pair of thick ski socks. They will provide a more slippery glide/ride and extra cushion for the ankles, feet, and shins.
Part-Time Front Desk Studio Staff Roles and Responsibilities:
Part-time front desk studio positions will be available at Lithe with the following anticipated hours:
Please submit resume, cover letter, and availability to email@example.com.
Happy Thurdsday! It's cardio day at Lithe, so it’s time to kick up the cardio and sweat it out. Cardio is one of the most important things you can do for your body. Not only does it make a difference on the inside (improving your cardiovascular health), but you will see results on the outside, too (especially if you stick to it 3-5 times a week).
I think that one of the toughest aspects of Lithe is getting your cardiovascular stamina up to par or back up to par after some time off. As a newbie, you may find yourself feeling defeated trying to finish our hour-long classes numerous times a week and devoting some time to learning our Cardio-Cheer-Sculpting choreography. You can do it! Here are some tips for safe, efficient and effective cardio:
1. Be a 6-7AMer! I suggest doing cardio in the morning before your first meal. Your body is most likely to use fat as the energy source because your glycogen stores are depleted.
2. Protect your feet, but not with sneakers (unless you have a foot injury). We barefoot train at Lithe. Why? It makes you stronger from head to toe and simply builds a better, stronger, leaner body. If you have a foot injury you should wear a studio sneaker and avoid stilletto. You want to work correctly, stay on a mat and NEVER over-bounce on the balls of your feet. Our feet work instinctively, but to prevent stress fractures, shin splints and plantar issues, stay on your mat, use your quads to launch a jump, keep a gentle point to your ankle, and then roll through the forefoot and heel. Your goal is to "sponge" and not bounce. That "up" energy should be an illusion. Your entire body is active, but you're working down into the ground. Work harder by getting low and grounded, rather than bouncing high and beating up your feet.
3. Keep your shoulders open, depressed, and lift your chest. This instantly engages and elongates your abs.
4. Activate your arms. Think about how you punch out those perfect sharp high V's and low V's ... Do this with every movement and feel your heart rate climb!
5. Don't stop as soon as your heart rate starts to really climb. So many people get nervous once their heart rate gets in the zone. Breath, stretch, and shake.
6. If you're DIY, Make a killer cardio playlist on your iPod to get you through the workout. Pick out your favorite songs that you love listening to so you forget about the time.
Image of Lithe Instructor Liz Galbally wearing Lululemon via Dom
The backstory: A good friend introduced Lauren to Treasure Beach in 2008, and she fell in love with the area, the welcoming community, and the friends that she made there. Treasure Beach and Jamaica's south coast are the antithesis of a tourist trap. It's off the beaten path, but it hasn't stopped her from returning again and again.
Treasure Beach is a tiny fishing village and the community there is truly unlike any other in Jamaica. Defined by the Santa Cruz Mountains and the rolling farmland of the Pedro Plains, Treasure Beach is known for its cacti, endless natural coastlines, and miles of sweeping savannas — not its white sand beaches or jungle-like rain forests. Treasure Beach is renowned for its warm people, deep community spirit, and rich history (which even includes a Scottish shipwreck from the 19th century).
Full Disclosure: This is the real Jamaica. It's almost a 3-hour drive from the airport, so get ready for an adventure that you'll never forget and to fall in love with a place where you'll most certainly leave your heart.
What is Lithe Escape? Imagine one week to focus on yourself ... a better body, more confidence, lessons learned, fabulous food and fitness, inches and pounds lost (without going hungry), unparalleled results, and an entire support system of like-minded people. Get excited for girl time and downtime, a healthier body and mind, unbelievably delicious food, and a week that's all about you.
It's the total-body tune-up with magical powers. Unicorn is a powerful blend of our signature matwork with a foam roller; A rehabilitative, shoulder-to-toe rubdown of Lithe-specific spots with knots (talk about a happy hour!). Foam rolling assists in breaking up trigger points (knots) that limit range of motion, resuming blood flow and function to the muscle. Releasing trigger points helps to reestablish proper movement patterns and pain-free movement, and ultimately, enhances performance. By applying pressure to specific points on your body you are able to aid in the recovery of muscles and assist in returning them to normal function. Normal function means your muscles are elastic, healthy, and ready to Lithe at a moment’s notice. Sound too good to be true? It's not.
• Born: May 2016
• You need: weights & a foam roller
• Coordination level: 1 (on a scale of 1-3)
6 weeks until Summer! We're celebrating the Lithe Spring Clean Challenge and YOUR hard work. Supercharge your results with a five-class pack for $65 (that's like $13 a class). Purchase online through Tuesday, April 19th at 12PM.
*One per customer. Five-class cards have a 30-day expiration. Limited quantities available. May not be combined with any other discount or promotion.
Image via Antrim + Spruce Photography
We're excited to announce that Gerri Trooskin, who started teaching in 2010, is now a master Lithe instructor! She joins Tiffany Nork (teaching since 2006), Krista DeNofa (teaching since 2008), Bari Rosenthal (teaching since 2009), Liz Galbally (teaching since 2010), and Elizabeth Tomkins (teaching since 2010).
What makes an instructor a master? They must teach Lithe for at least four years and have taught a minimum of 1,000 classes. The status is something that is earned, not simply given. The Lithe master instructor embodies a commitment to Lithe, instructs with confidence and selflessness, and continues to study the method. Other elements that define this title include maturity and understanding of instructor injury prevention, utilization of voice (instead of body) for energy, total command of a large studio of 20-30 people, and involvement in instructor training.
We all know that Lithe is different and teaching it is the ultimate multi-task. Many assume that teaching Lithe is like teaching a grounded workout that rarely changes such as yoga, spinning, barre, or Pilates. They couldn't be more wrong. Lithe instructors are triple threats and it takes years to become a well-oiled machine. Our instructors are forever in training and constantly learning new workouts.
Gerri (2010) wearing Lululemon via Dom
Like Waspie & High Waisted, Supreme is an abs-focused, multi-tasking maestro. She targets the waistline, hips and back with a cardio kick and serious sculpting. This total-body, core-focused workout contains a powerful blend of the 5 classic Lithe Actives that target the abs from every angle. She drops a bomb on love handles, melts muffin top, tames the tummy, blasts back fat and whisks your thighs down a size, so that you're totally satisfied.
• Born: February 2016
• You need: blue bands & gloves
• Coordination level: 2 (on a scale of 1-3)
All imagery and montages on this blog are created solely for Lithe Method® and the Fithiphealthy® blog. Our photos are not stock photos. The women that you see on our site are Lithe Instructors and Lithe clients. We ask that you do not copy or use our imagery or our montages without permission and all photos must also be credited and linked to our original post.
We love reader comments, but all inappropriate comments, self-promotional spam, or other items unrelated to the post will be deleted.
Lithe Method®, FitHipHealthy®, We Heart Your Heart®, Higher Power Band System®, Lithe Foods® and Lithe Wear® are registered trademarks of Lithe®, Inc. All rights reserved.