We're back! Fifteen out of 21 Escapees had their before and after measurements taken. Measurements aren't the only measure of success on our escapes, but they sure are telling. I always say that one week will make you strong, but in this case, THREE FULL days will make you strong. I had a blast last week and can't wait to share more pictures of our food, fitness and fun. Check out @lithe_escape on Instagram (#litheescape) for pictures.
Image via Lauren
I am very much in the zone with the EarnedInWinter challenge. I participated in the Lithe Spring Clean and TMINUS30 last year. Something about the daily hashtag calendar really showed how we band together to support each other in Lithe and life.
I’m not sure if my current state is completely inspired by Lithe, but I can’t think of anything else in my life that has had such an impact. I make Lithe a priority during packed workdays and weekends. I am single and always searching for the right guy. Last year, I posted during the TMINUS30 challenge, “single, is not a status, it’s a word that describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others.” At that point, I was building the strength to allow my health, mind, and body to be the focus and to take the attention away from the seemingly woeful single life.
Now I'm shedding the fat. At first, it had nothing to do with body fat at all. There are a few men in my life that come and go. They reach out whenever they want. I acquiesce, thinking that’s all I deserve. A transient, temporary situation, at best. Friends say that you manifest what you portray you deserve. In some ways I take full responsibility for the type of situation I attract. I was almost eager for that random text/email to make plans with a guy. I found myself saying, “maybe this time he’ll be different.” We all know the answer to that hope.
Since I’ve delved into the challenges, I feel myself becoming stronger and wiser. As I gain more muscle definition, use higher weights, and watch inches fall away, I am redefining myself on the inside as well. I’ve sent a few courtesy no thank you texts to those who reach out to me intermittently to hang out without any intention of a serious relationship. I am reshaping and restructuring my heart, as well as my body.
I know Lithe hearts my heart, but now I'm beginning to heart my heart as well.
Thank you, thank you, thank you,
If you're a regular at Rittenhouse's 9:45AM classes, you've undoubtedly seen Alison Whitehill and her wide-eyed toddler Paco. The duo has made coming to Lithe an integral part of their morning routine. A dental hygienist before Paco came along, she's now a stay-at-home mom. She lets us in on their shared love of chocolate chip cookies and the babysitting in Studio B.
Children: Paco will be 2-years-old in August.
How do you fit Lithe into your schedule? The babysitting service has been a game changer. And Paco enjoys his time at Lithe, too. As soon as we arrive, he starts yelling “ball” and excitedly makes his way to Studio B. When I pick him up, he is usually quietly working on a puzzle or listening to a story.
What was your last family-related late cancel? Before the babysitting service was available at the Rittenhouse location, I often had to cancel evening classes because my husband was running late from work. He’s the managing attorney of a law firm, so while it was frustrating, it was also inevitable.
Does Paco eat your healthy meals or does turn he turn his nose up at your nutritious dinner attempts? I’ve been lucky so far. He loves my meals! Avocado has always been his favorite thing to eat.
Which one of your Paco's foods can you not resist munching on? I bake really good chocolate chip cookies and can’t help nibbling a few with him.
Which Lithe class makes your body feel its best? Any class that Lauren teaches. She is really good at breaking moves down and making adjustments that challenge your muscles in a way you didn’t understand before. I also love Jonathan’s CCS cardio classes because even though you are working hard, you leave feeling like you were just at a dance party.
You're not alone. We all find excuses to not exercise. Life gets in everyone's way, but you CAN reach your goals and achieve the results you want. Here are 10 tips for when you just can't seem to get your rear in gear, get out of your own head, or stay motivated.
1. Prioritize. No time because you spend hours on your smart phone? Turn that time into active time. In the long run, you'll be glad that you put your health first. Your body will thank you, too.
2. Make a date with YOU. Schedule your workout just like you schedule doctor's appointments and dinner with friends and honor that commitment. It's just as important.
3. Write it down. Tracking your progress and setbacks is eye-opening and effective. Record how long you worked out, what class you took, how you felt after. I always remind myself that I'm only one hour away from a good mood and that always motivates me to just do it on days when I need a boost.
4. Stay positive. Your body hears everything your mind thinks!
5. Imagine it. Visualize your results! Think about how you will look and feel after one month, six weeks, three months, six months, and one year. Results are the best motivational tool, so be sure to keep up with your own measurements and photos.
6. Make yourself accountable. Going public with your story keeps you committed.
7. Don't get discouraged. It's important to make a long-term commitment, even if it means going without noticable results for a week. Remember that you can't go wrong by Eating Lithe and working out regularly (especially when it's fun!).
8. Find a few besties. Spend time with friends who also value a healthy lifestyle. You will benefit from sharing your stories about how fantastic you look, how strong you're becoming, how great you feel, and funny things that happen in the studio.
9. Reward yourself! I'm not talking about junk food. Each week that you accomplish your goals (maybe it's a going to a certain number of classes, taking a particular class with an instructor that you used to avoid like the plague, or becoming a consistent 6AMer or 5:30PMer.
Treat yourself to something that inspires you to stick with it, like a new pair of workout pants or a piece of jewelry. I recommend creating a point system. When you meet your goals, give yourself a point and record it. When you hit a certain amount of points, treat yourself to an activity that makes you feel great, such as a mani/pedi with friends or a massage.
10. Travel Lithe. If you've Escaped with us, you know that Lithe travels really well! Get outside, have fun, and utilize your surroundings. Just make sure to send a Lithe on Location shot to us!
Check out Annette one year ago!
Well, friends, I did it. I survived turning 40. Somehow I woke up this morning without my face shriveling into a wrinkled prune, my (nonexistent) boobs drooping to my knees, or needing bifocals and dentures. It's really turned out to be a day just like any other day. It's a day where I get to open my eyes and be grateful for the opportunities that lie ahead, be humbled by the strength my body provides me, and awed by what this world has to offer. I think birthdays are just a perfect reminder of what we should be doing that each and every day.
We went to Jake's last year and now we're heading back! From April 30-May 5 2015, we're going to my happy place, Jake's Treasure Beach! Jake's is earthy, friendly, rugged, red, rustic, local, sustainable and hip; it's the epitome of bohemian luxury.
The backstory: A good friend introduced me to Treasure Beach back in 2008, and I've fallen in love with the area, the welcoming community, and the friends that I have made there. Treasure Beach and Jamaica's south coast are the antithesis of a tourist trap. It's off the beaten path, but it hasn't stopped me from returning again and again.
Treasure Beach is a tiny fishing village and the community there is truly unlike any other in Jamaica. Defined by the Santa Cruz Mountains and the rolling farmland of the Pedro Plains, Treasure Beach is known for its cacti, endless natural coastlines, and miles of sweeping savannas—not its white sand beaches or jungle-like rainforests. Treasure Beach is renowned for its warm people, deep community spirit, and rich history (which even includes a Scottish shipwreck from the 19th century).
Full Disclosure: This is the real Jamaica. We'll be almost a three-hour drive from the airport, so get ready for an adventure that you'll never forget and to fall in love with a place where you'll most certainly leave your heart.
What is Lithe Escape? Imagine one week to focus on yourself ... a better body, more confidence, lessons learned, fabulous food and fitness, inches and pounds lost (without going hungry), unparalleled results, and an entire support system of like-minded people. Get excited for girl time and downtime, a healthier body and mind, unbelievably delicious food, and a week that's all about YOU.
Want to learn more? Download Jake's Escape 2015.
Ready to book your spot? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our friendly Lithe Escape concierge will be ready to assist you beginning on Tuesday, Feb 10, 2015 with flight info and roommate details.
All imagery and montages on this blog are created solely for Lithe Method® and the Fithiphealthy® blog. Our photos are not stock photos. The women that you see on our site are Lithe Instructors and Lithe clients. We ask that you do not copy or use our imagery or our montages without permission and all photos must also be credited and linked to our original post.
We love reader comments, but all inappropriate comments, self-promotional spam, or other items unrelated to the post will be deleted.
Lithe Method®, FitHipHealthy®, We Heart Your Heart®, Higher Power Band System®, Lithe Foods® and Lithe Wear® are registered trademarks of Lithe®, Inc. All rights reserved.